- Beta Firmware Release This device may not be fully integrated with your hub at the time of purchase. You may need to update the firmware of the device after the purchase.
- Control DC motors and make your blinds, shades, and awnings smart
- Create schedules for morning and evening routines
- Automate your shades and awnings based on data from smart sensors, including brightness levels, temperature, and motion
- Choose from shutter or venetian mode for your motorized blinds
- Installs behind the existing wall switch or at the motor (6-32 VDC power only, momentary button switch required)
- 700 series Z-Wave chip: stronger mesh network and faster communication
- SmartStart and S2 authenticated security for a truly protected smart home
Long Range: if your hub supports Z-Wave Long Range, you'll get incredible direct hub-to-device signal coverage
- Pigtail wires included for hassle-free set-up
- Built-in signal repeater: helps keep your network quick and reliable
- 5-year extended warranty when registered and tech support forever
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your smart hub / controller needs to support advanced settings and central scene programming for you to take advantage of this feature.
Before installing, make sure the motor runs on DC power (6-32 V DC) and it does not exceed 1.5 A. Follow the wiring diagram carefully to ensure correct installation. Use with button momentary switches only, do NOT connect to dimmers or electronic switches.
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and following the instructions, please hire a licensed electrician.
How to include the DC Motor Controller to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion/pairing mode
3. Click the Z-Wave button on the relay 3 times quickly to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new on/off switch should appear on your controller's device list
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for Zooz products)
- Home Assistant (Z-Wave JS)
- Hubitat (integration pending)
- SmartThings (custom driver required, get detailed instructions here)
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 6-32 VDC
- Maximum Loads: 1.5 A (use with DC motors only)
- Z-Wave Range: Up to 300 feet line of sight (or up to a mile with Long Range enabled)
- Dimensions: 1.5" tall, 1.4" wide, 0.7" deep
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation: Indoor use only
Download the user manual for the ZEN53 LR 700 Series Z-Wave Plus Long Range DC Motor Controller here.