- Advanced water and leak sensor for your peace of mind
- 24K gold plated telescopic probes for accurate and long-lasting performance on any type of surface
- Floats on water
- Built-in siren and temperature sensor
- LED indicator for visual communication of water leaks, range issues, or extreme temperatures
- Tilt sensor will notify you if the device is misplaced
- Tamper switch and AES-128 signal encryption for added protection
- Use it indoors or outdoors (with DC power only)
- Designed and manufactured in Europe
- Powered by battery (included) or 12 V DC power adapter (not included)
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
Here is FIBARO's award-winning answer to flood control and protection. It is equipped with gold-plated water-sensing probes and a built-in tilt sensor that detects and reports movement. Once included to your Z-Wave network, receive instant text or email notifications when water is unexpectedly detected.
The FIBARO Flood Sensor is highly buoyant, ensuring that it’s at your reach when you need it most. It is also equipped with a built-in temperature sensor, which can notify you of sudden changes in temperature to better maintain your pipes and prevent accidents. And depending on its location, it can be battery or DC powered (12/24 V DC).
The Flood Sensor can be linked up with other Z-Wave devices, allowing for a highly personalized smart home setup. You can trigger a Z-Wave alarm siren as soon as the sensor detects water. Have certain lights turn on automatically to help you navigate emergencies. You may even connect it with a Z-Wave water valve control to shut off the flow of water immediately. The FIBARO Flood Sensor is the smartest investment you can make for your home and loved ones.
Before proceeding with inclusion and mounting, you’ll need to start the device. To do so, twist and open the casing. Remove the plastic battery blocker that reads “I’m ready.” Be sure the battery is placed correctly. You should hear a beep as the LED blinks red.
Next, include the sensor into your Z-Wave network. Simply put your hub into inclusion mode and press the tamper switch button 3 times very quickly. Twist and close the casing.
Choose a location where there is risk of flooding, like the bathroom, kitchen or basement. It must be within range of your Z-Wave gateway controller to ensure effective communication.
To check that the Flood Sensor’s location is within range of your Z-Wave gateway controller, twist and open the casing. Then follow the steps in the video here.
If the sensor cannot fit in the desired space, you can install a wired probe (not included) to accommodate smaller spaces. While installing, it is recommended you “wake up” the device by clicking the inclusion button 3 times quickly. Please refer to your user manual for more detailed instructions.
Once the Flood Sensor is included and fully connected to your Z-Wave network, you can mount it onto the flat surface of your choice:
1. Place the sensor onto a surface prone to flooding. All 3 electrodes underneath the sensor should evenly touch the surface.
2. If the sensor will be DC powered, drill holes into the casing and connect the wires according to the wiring diagram provided in your user manual.
3. Twist and close the casing.
If you ever need to factory reset your FIBARO Flood Sensor, just follow these simple instructions.
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for Fibaro products)
- FIBARO Home Center 2
- FIBARO Home Center Lite
- Home Assistant
- SmartThings Hub
- VeraEdge Z-Wave Gateway Controller
- VeraLite Z-Wave Gateway Controller (running under UI7)
- VeraPlus Z-Wave Plus Advanced Home Controller
- Zipato Z-Wave Zipabox Smart Home Controller
- Zipato ZipaTile Home Automation Controller
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 1 x CR123A (3.6V) battery (included) and / or 12-24V DC power supply (not included)
- Power consumption (under DC power supply): 0.4 W
- Dimensions: 2.8" (diameter) x 1.1"
- Weight: 3.0 oz
- Range: up to 100 ft
- Temperature measuring accuracy: 0.5 degrees Fahrenheit (from 32°F to 104°F)
- Operating temperature: from 50°F to 104°F on batteries / -4°F to 160°F on DC power
- Installation: Indoor or Outdoor (on DC power only)
Download the Quick Start Guide for FIBARO Z-Wave Plus Flood And Temperature Sensor FGFS-101 ZW5 (PDF) here.
Download the Manual for FIBARO Z-Wave Plus Flood And Temperature Sensor FGFS-101 ZW5 (PDF) here.