FOR A LIMITED TIME, ENJOY 20% OFF YOUR PURCHASE OF A NEW C-8 HUB.
USE CODE 'HUBITAT20' AT CHECKOUT - CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH OTHER DISCOUNTS.
Reliable. The device works, on the user's terms, even when the Internet doesn’t.
Fast. No cloud, no latency, and no delay. No waiting for your device to turn on.
Private. The device data is stored locally, not in the cloud.
Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, Zigbee, Z-Wave, Lutron, LAN, and cloud-connected devices.
Mobile Apps. Remotely control all devices and receive push notifications and mobile presence.
- Z-Wave Plus 800
- Zigbee 3.0
- External Antennas
- Wi-Fi and Ethernet
- USB-C Power Supply
- Free Device and App Migration from C-5 and C-7 Hubs
HOW IT WORKS
1. Set Up Your Hub: Connect Hub to Local Network via Ethernet
2. Connect Devices: Pair, then name your devices
3. Automate: Create rules for the way you want them to work
4. Relax: Enjoy the elevation of your automated home
- Access your devices via customizable Dashboards
- Built-in to the Hubitat Mobile Apps, available on Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- Or via weblinks that work in any modern browser, anywhere in the world
- Set up your Hub securely in the privacy of your home
- Secure your hub with a local password to prevent unauthorized access
- No need to give full access to your hub just to turn on a light.
Top 10 Tips for Getting Started with Hubitat Elevation
1. Location, Location, Location
Hub placement is critical for proper Zigbee and Z-Wave radio performance. Try to find a central location that is away from interference and never place your hub directly on your router. Read more hub placement tips here.
2. Update Your Hub
Before adding devices and building rules, be sure to update your hub to the latest platform. This ensures you have all of the latest features, bug fixes and compatible devices. Learn how to update your hub here
3. Check Your Devices for Compatibility
Make sure the devices you are trying to add are compatible with Hubitat Elevation. Check out our official list of compatible devices here.
4. Reset Devices from Previous Hubs
If you are moving devices from a different hub to your Hubitat Elevation, be sure to reset them properly. Zigbee devices will need to be factory reset before they can be added to your new hub. Z-Wave devices must follow a Z-Wave exclude process. You can find manufacturers' instructions for resetting devices here.
5. Build a Solid Zigbee and Z-Wave Mesh
If you are thoughtful about adding devices properly, you can ensure they work consistently for the life of your hub. This is one of the most crucial aspects of a successful smart home. Please take a couple minutes to read our guides for building a solid Zigbee mesh and a solid Z-Wave mesh.
6. Start With Basic Rules
Automations are built using apps. We encourage you to build your first automations using the Basic Rules app, which is already pre-installed in the apps section once you update to the latest platform. Once you get a feel for Basic Rules, try automating an entire room with the Room Lighting app.
7. Join the Community
Hubitat Elevation offers endless possibilities for home automation. The Hubitat online community is your place to see new ideas, learn and get help from other Hubitat users.
8. Keep it Simple
Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should do something. Don't overcomplicate your rules where it is not necessary. Don't bog down your hub with unnecessary device power reporting. The simpler you keep your rules, the easier they are to edit and troubleshoot.
9. Backup Your Hub
As you experiment with your home automations, you may want to occasionally undo what you have done. That's why it is nice to have backups. You can set automatic backups on the hub, manually save local backups to your computer or use a Hub Protect subscription to save automatic backups on our cloud server. Learn more about backups here.
10. Have Patience and Have Fun
No matter how much home automation experience you have, there is always something new to learn when you start with a new system. But we promise the time spent learning the hub and building your automations will be worth it once you are enjoying your elevated home.