- Beta Release This device may not be fully integrated with your hub at the time of purchase. You may need to update the firmware of the device after the purchase.
Quick reports to your hub for low-voltage trigger signals, including interconnected hard wired smoke and CO detectors by all major brands like First Alert, Kidde, and BRK (do NOT use with battery powered detectors)
- Recognizes and reports both smoke and CO signals from interconnected hard wired analog detectors individually
- NOTE: This is NOT a security alarm component and the device is NOT part of a life-safety system. Check local regulations before installing.
- Optional 120 V relay to control lighting or a security siren
800 series Z-Wave chip: faster communication and more reliable network
- Long Range: if your hub implements Z-Wave Long Range, you'll benefit from the latest direct device-to-hub communication which extends the range like never before and eliminates network lags
Built-in signal repeater: keep your mesh network stable and your system fast (not applicable to Long Range installations)
- SmartStart and S2 authenticated security for a truly protected smart home
- Installs behind the existing wall switch or at the fixture (check your wiring first and always follow the diagrams in the manual)
- Pigtail wires included for quicker set-up
- 5-year extended warranty when registered and tech support forever
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your smart hub / controller needs to support advanced settings and central scene programming for you to take advantage of this feature.
Check your wiring first to confirm that you have all the following wires present in your electrical box: power, neutral, and the connection to the detector.
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and following the instructions, please hire a licensed electrician.
Here is an example diagram showing how to wire the ZEN55 to a smoke detector:
Here are some helpful wiring tips:
- Use with any standard interconnect smoke and/or CO alarms.
- Always turn off the power at the breaker before handling the wiring, this is a 120 V high-voltage installation.
- The last detector in series will be the one that only has 3 wires coming into the box (vs 5 or more in other boxes). This is where you'll have the most space to install your smart device at.
- When adding the ZEN55 relay to your hub, you may need to scan the QR code or enter the PIN code located on the back of the relay (if your system supports SmartStart). Read more about adding the device to your hub here.
- Test the detector's alarm (follow the instructions for your unit) to see if the status of the device changes in your hub's interface once the alarm goes off. Remember to warn your family members or roommates when testing this!
- Always turn the power off when securing the module and the detector back in the electrical box.
- You'll need to create an automation in your hub for a notification to be sent to your phone or email once the status on the ZEN55 changes so you can immediately know if the alarm is triggered.
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for Zooz products)
- Home Assistant (Z-Wave JS, full integration pending)
- Hubitat (full integration pending)
- SmartThings (custom driver required, coming soon)
- NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please ask the manufacturer of your Z-Wave hub about support for the ZEN55 before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 120-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 10 A
- Z-Wave Range: Up to 300 feet line of sight (or up to a mile with Long Range enabled)
- Dimensions: 1.5" tall, 1.4" wide, 0.7" deep
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation: Indoor use only
Download the user manual for the ZEN54 LR 700 Series Z-Wave Plus Long Range 0-10 V Dimmer here.