- Detects and notifies you when a door or window is opened or closed (when connected to a Z-Wave hub and programmed)
- Built-in temperature sensor to help you manage and automate climate control
- Tamper protection and signal encryption for true security
- 5-minute installation (no tools needed)
- Compact organic design will blend right in
- Use on windows, front, back, and garage doors, baby safety gates, drawers, or cabinets
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
This updated model of FIBARO's signature door/window sensor is a versatile combination of security, climate control, and sleekness. Connect the sensor to your Z-Wave hub to monitor your doors and windows remotely via smart phone or computer. Open/close statuses are detected when the sensor body and magnet are separated, so any open/close structure with one stable part and one moving part will do the trick: cabinets, drawers, safes, garage doors, safety gates can all be secured with this sensor.
The new FIBARO door/window sensor makes advanced automation super easy. Pair the unit with your HVAC system so that Its built-in temperature sensor can automatically shut off the heat or AC when the temperature exceeds a certain range. Use the temperature data to more efficiently manage your home’s climate and energy. Trigger your Z-Wave alarm siren when your back door is opened unexpectedly while you’re away. Beat the basement monsters by automatically turning on your basement lights as soon as you open the door – your creativity is the limit when applying this sensor to your smart home.
Equipped with additional safety features such as tamper detection and AES signal security, rest assured that this sensor will be the perfect addition to your security system.
Before including and mounting the sensor, activate it by taking off the cover and removing the plastic battery blocker. Then, close the cover.
Once activated, add the door/window sensor to your Z-Wave network. Please refer to the video for detailed inclusion instructions here.
Finally, it’s time to mount the sensor in your desired location (but be sure the area is within range of your Z-Wave controller). Remove the protective sticker from the device. Adhere the sensor to the frame of the open/close structure of your choice. Remove the protective sticker from the magnet. Adhere the magnet to the moving part of the open/close structure. Make sure the sensor body and magnet are aligned exactly as shown in the manual, placing them no more than 5mm apart.
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for Fibaro products)
- FIBARO Home Center 2
- FIBARO Home Center Lite
- SmartThings Hub - custom device handler required for full functionality (download it here)
- VeraEdge Z-Wave Gateway Controller
- VeraLite Z-Wave Gateway Controller
- VeraPlus Z-Wave Plus Advanced Home Controller
- Zipato Z-Wave Zipabox Smart Home Controller
- Zipato ZipaTile Home Automation Controller
- EzloSecure Z-Wave Plus Advanced Home Security Controller
- EzloPlus Z-Wave Plus Advanced Home Security Controller
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 1 x R14250 1⁄2 AA 3.6V DC battery (included)
- Dimensions: 2.8" (L) x 0.7" (W) x 0.7" (H)
- Weight: 3.0 oz
- Range: up to 130 ft
- Temperature measuring range: 32°F to 104°F
- Installation: Indoor only
Download the Quick Start Guide for FIBARO Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor 2 FGDW-002 ZW5 (PDF) here.
Download the Manual for FIBARO Z-Wave Plus Door/Window Sensor 2 FGDW-002 ZW5 (PDF) here.