- Beta Release This device may not be fully integrated with your hub at the time of purchase. You may need to update the firmware of the device after the purchase.
Repeats and amplifies Z-Wave signal for your mesh network
More range than ever with the new 800 series Z-Wave chip
- Reports power outage: get alerts to your hub when the device loses mains power (built-in back-up battery included)
S2 authenticated security, SmartStart, and beaming technology
Quick set-up: simply plug it in and add to your hub
Small size: doesn't block the second outlet
- 5-year extended manufacturer warranty once registered
NOTE: Z-Wave hub required - sold separately.
HOW IT WORKS
The Zooz Z-Wave Plus Range Extender uses 800-series Z-Wave to expand your network to the farthest reaches of your property. With a range of up to 400 feet, use it to connect tough-to-reach spots to your Z-Wave hub, like outdoor sensors whose signals may be shortened by thick walls, glass, and metal elements.
Use it to give your smart door lock a boost if you’re having trouble keeping it online. Add it between your hub and devices in outside structures for more thorough monitoring and control. Or simply install it in an area with any far-away or older generation Z-Wave device to stabilize connectivity depending on the specific structure of your home and layout of your network.
Just plug it into a standard receptacle and add it to your Z-Wave hub for an instant power boost. And if you lose power, the device will send an alert to the hub thanks to its built-in back-up battery. As a 800 series device, it comes with the latest advancements to the Z-Wave protocol and includes S2 secure SmartStart technology to ensure your network remains secure.
Set up couldn’t be simpler. Choose the receptacle you’d like to use to power the Range Extender. Once plugged in, put your Z-Wave hub into inclusion mode. Refer to your hub’s instructions to initiate inclusion as every hub is different. Once you see the hub is looking for new devices, click the Z-Wave button 3 times quickly. The LED indicator will
start flashing green to confirm inclusion mode and turn green for 2 seconds once inclusion is completed.
Once the device is included to your hub, no additional programming is needed. Regardless of how the device displays, it will begin repeating Z-Wave signals upon inclusion. We just recommend that you refresh your network so that the hub can find the most efficient path to each device with the Range Extender included. For the advanced functionality of power outage reporting, your hub needs to support the device's additional features. See the Works with section below for details.
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for Zooz products)
- Domoticz (repeater only)
- Ezlo (repeater only)
- Fibaro (repeater and power outage reports)
- Home Assistant: Z-Wave JS (repeater and power outage reports)
- HomeSeer (repeater only)
- Hubitat (repeater and power outage reports)
- Indigo (repeater only)
- ISY (repeater only)
- Jeedom (repeater only)
- SmartThings (Edge driver for advanced settings and power outage reports)
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave hub on the list above, please get in touch with your system's support team to verify if all Z-Wave extenders are supported.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US/CA/MX)
- Power: 120V 60Hz
- Operating Temperature: 32° – 104° F
- Dimensions: 1" x 1" x 1.25"
- Range: Up to 400 feet line of sight
- Installation and Use: Indoor only