On/off Z-Wave control for 120V and dry contact applications: great for lighting, garage door openers, or gas fireplace
700 series Z-Wave chip: greater coverage for a stronger mesh network
- SmartStart and S2 authenticated security for a truly protected smart home
- Works in single pole and 3-way installations
- Installs behind the existing wall switch or at the fixture (if neutral is not available in the switch box)
- Pigtail wires included for hassle-free set-up
- Perfect if you'd like to leave your favorite wall switch styleor color but add Z-Wave to it
- Smart bulb mode: disable manual and/or Z-Wave control to control your smart bulbs via Z-Wave only without cutting power to them
Scene control: choose from 7 multi-tap triggers to expand the functionality of the connected switch (available on hubs that support multi-tap triggers*)
- Multicolor LED indicator for easier pairing and diagnostics
- Compatible with quality LED and incandescent bulbs (don't connect to ballast tube lights, switched receptacles, or fans over 3A / 5 years old; NOTE: FEIT bulbs are not recommended)
- Built-in signal repeater: helps keep your network quick and reliable
- 5-year warranty and lifetime tech support
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your smart hub / controller needs to support advanced settings and central scene programming for you to take advantage of this feature.
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and following the instructions, please hire a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful wiring tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch has a neutral wire available - you will not be able to get the ZEN51 relay to work without a neutral wire. If neutral is not available, you'll need to install the ZEN51 at the light fixture.
- Unlike regular mechanical switches, Z-Wave switches require all of the wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires can never be swapped as it sometimes happens to the most experienced electricians.
How to include the Dry Contact Relay to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion/pairing mode
3. Click the Z-Wave button on the relay 3 times quickly to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new on/off switch should appear on your controller's device list
- Ezlo Plus
- Ezlo Secure
- Fibaro Home Center Lite
- Home Assistant (JS Z-Wave Integration)
- Hubitat (change device type to Generic Z-Wave Plus Switch manually)
- SmartThings Hub (custom device handler needed to access advanced settings, coming soon)
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 120-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 960W incandescent, 150W LED bulbs, 10A resistive, 1/2 HP fan motors
- Z-Wave Range: Up to 300 feet line of sight
- Dimensions: 1.5" tall, 1.4" wide, 0.7" deep
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation: Indoor use only
Download the user manual for the ZEN51 Dry Contact Relay here.