- Save space and money with this smart double relay
Control 2 switches with 1 Z-Wave device: connect the double relay to 2 120V loads for independent smart control from your Z-Wave hub or wall switch
- Great for double gang box switch automation or to add Z-Wave to a fan / light installation for individual control of the motor and bulbs
- Use it in single pole or 3-way set-ups
- Wires behind the wall switches or at the fixture (if you don't have a neutral in the switch box)
700 series Z-Wave: the latest tech for faster communication and better range
SmartStart with S2 authenticated security with encrypted signal
Pigtail wires for easy installation
Smart bulb mode: disable manual and/or Z-Wave control and turn your smart bulbs on or off using wireless signal only
Scene control: 7 multi-tap triggers available for each relay (available on hubs that support multi-tap triggers*)
- Multicolor LED indicator to guide you through the set-up process
- Compatible with quality LED and incandescent bulbs (don't connect to ballast tube lights, switched receptacles, or fans over 1/4 hp; NOTE: FEIT bulbs are not recommended)
- Acts as a Z-Wave extender: get more signal for your network with this 700 series repeater
- 5-year warranty and lifetime tech support
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your smart hub / controller needs to support advanced settings and central scene programming for you to take advantage of this feature.
Before wiring the Double Relay in, check that the load does not exceed 500W for incandescent lights, 150W for LED's, 1/4 hp for fans and motors, or 5A for resistive load per relay. Examine all connections to verify that you have all the necessary wires available in the switch box: load (most often black), line (most often black), neutral (most often white), and ground (most often green).
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and following the instructions, please hire a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful wiring tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch has a neutral wire available - you will not be able to get the ZEN52 double relay to work without a neutral wire. If neutral is not available, you'll need to install the ZEN52 at the light fixture / in the fan canopy.
- Unlike regular mechanical switches, Z-Wave switches require all of the wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires can never be swapped as it sometimes happens to the most experienced electricians.
How to include the Double Relay to your smart home network?
1. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion/pairing mode
2. Click the Z-Wave button on the relay 3 times quickly to finalize the inclusion process (and scan the SmartStart security QR code or enter PIN if prompted)
3. Two new on/off switches and a master device should appear on your controller's device list
- Ezlo Plus (master device may not display status correctly)
- Ezlo Secure (master device may not display status correctly)
- Fibaro Home Center Lite
- Home Assistant (JS Z-Wave Integration)
- SmartThings Hub (custom device handler needed, coming soon)
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product.
- Z-Wave Frequency: 908.42 MHz (US)
- Power: 120-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 500W incandescent, 150W LED bulbs, 5A resistive, 1/4 HP fan motors per channel
- Z-Wave Range: Up to 300 feet line of sight
- Dimensions: 1.5" tall, 1.4" wide, 0.7" deep
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation: Indoor use only
Download the user manual for the ZEN52 Double Relay here.