New from the 800 Series by Zooz, the ZEN72 Dimmer Switch!
- Full brightness control of your lights, from the physical dimmer and via Z-Wave when added to your smart home hub (sold separately)
- NEW 800 chip: more range, faster signal, SmartStart inclusion + S2 security
- Z-Wave Long Range ready: extend the wireless coverage up to 1 mile if your hub supports Long Range
- What's the difference between the ZEN72 and the ZEN77 model? Read here!
- Works with any dimmable LED bulb that accepts triac (forward-phase) dimmers up to 150 W total and with any incandescent bulbs up to 500 W. NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LUMINUS, LITHONIA, OR FEIT BULBS.
- Direct 3-Way Solution: connects to an existing light switch for 2-point control, no add-on switch necessary! Wires just like the ZEN22 model. Neutral wire required, on/off control only from the secondary switch, use in 4-way installations only if you have direct connection to load and line in one box.
- Replaceable paddles (almond, brown, and black paddle kits available)
- Small profile (just 1.1" deep) to fit easily in a crowded or shallow box
- Adjustable LED indicator: choose the color and brightness that works for you!
- Scene control: multi-tap triggers available on select hubs*
- Night Light Mode: press and hold the lower paddle when dimmer is off to turn the light on to low brightness
Double tap to full brightness: now fully adjustable double tap and single tap behavior*
- Fully adjustable ramp rate*
Don't use with fan motors, receptacles, or tube lights!
Stronger signal repeater for a more reliable Z-Wave network
- NEW: YOU choose the color and brightness level of the LED indicator*
- Fits a standard-size face plate for single and multi gang installations (face plate not included)
- Lifetime tech support and 5-year extended warranty once registered
- Check out Zooz Light Switches & Dimmers Frequently Asked Questions
NOTE: Z-Wave gateway controller required - sold separately. *Your hub needs to support advanced parameter input to display these features.READ A GUIDE TO ZOOZ SWITCHES HERE!
Here is a simplified overview of the recommended dimmer models for the most common scenarios (read the full guide above for more details):
If you are not comfortable identifying the wiring and performing the installation, please consult a licensed electrician.
Here are some helpful installation tips:
- Make sure the gang box you are about to install the switch at features a neutral wire - you will not be able to connect the ZEN72 switch properly without a neutral wire. Neutral is usually in a bundle of white wires NOT connected to your original mechanical switch.
- Unlike your regular electrical switches, Z-Wave switches require particular wires to be connected exactly as indicated - line and load wires cannot be swapped as it often happens to the most experienced electricians.
- Z-Wave dimmers will work best with incandescent and high-quality DIMMABLE LED bulbs with at least 15 Watts on load.
How to include the 800 Series Dimmer switch to your smart home network?
1. Bring your Z-Wave gateway hub or controller as close to the switch as possible
2. Put your Z-Wave controller in inclusion mode
3. Tap the UPPER paddle of the switch 3 times very quickly to finalize the inclusion process
4. A new dimmer (or multilevel switch) device will appear on your controller's device list
NOTE: Use a dedicated diagram from the manual to wire the switch in a 3-way setting with a regular electrical switch if you are looking to control one light with 2 switches. This switch may wire differently in 3-way or 4-way installation than your other Zooz switch.
- Z-Box Hub (recommended for Zooz products)
- 2GIG (no advanced settings or scene control)
- ADT Pulse (no advanced settings or scene control)
- Almond (Securify)
- Fibaro Home Center 2
- Fibaro Home Center Lite
- Home Assistant (Z-Wave JS)
- Open Z-Wave
- Ring (no advanced settings or scene control)
- SmartThings Hub (register your product here to access the custom lua driver for advanced functionality)
- Staples Connect DLink (no advanced settings - on/off control only)
- Wink and Wink 2 (no advanced settings)
NOTE: If you don't see your Z-Wave controller on the list above, please contact us before you purchase this product. NOT SUPPORTED BY VIVINT.
- Z-Wave Region: US/MX/CA
- Power: 120 VAC, 60 Hz
- Maximum Loads: 500W Incandescent, 150W LED
- Range: Up to 200 feet line of sight, up to 1 mile with Z-Wave Long Range enabled (your Z-Wave hub needs to support that feature)
- Dimensions: 1.16" deep, 1.75" wide, 4.1" tall
- Operating Temperature: 32-104° F (0-40° C)
- Installation and Use: Indoor only
Download the user manual for Zooz ZEN72 800LR 800 Series Z-Wave Long Range Dimmer Switch here.